Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Calajunan - Iloilo City Dumpsite (July 12, 2007)

Well it may not be the first time that I actually went into Brgy. Calajunan, Mandurriao, Iloilo City, the city garbage dumpsite area. My NGO had already been working with the people there for quite some time now. We already had 2 weekend activities there for the kids.

The NGO Loob Inc. had asked me to take pictures of the place to be sent to our fellow volunteers in Japan for this fundraising activity this weekend for that area. Well, I gladly accepted the opportunity to take em pics..

The only thing that was a problem was the weather, as in really bad weather. And to the fact that the place was a garbage dumpsite made things a bit of a challenge. Thankfully the weather was on our side for a while and by braving through the piles of almost everything and anything I was happy I was able to endure the stench.

The only thing I have observed from the people there is the simplicity of life and contentment. Something I really appreciate in them even if they live their lives in poverty.

Well after we were done, I was screaming for a bath, and worst, the weather decided not to be friendly with us anymore.

Oh well, was quite the experience.

http://vans3n.multiply.com/photos/album/41 << more details here

^__________________________________^d

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home